This week has been SUPER busy but so super fun!!
1. On Friday night, me and the boys, or the “men” went down to Tallahassee for dinner! We ate at Andrew’s Capital Grill and Bar. It was delicious!! I tried my first hamburger..with a fried egg on it! It was one of the best burgers! We sang at the top of our lungs (with the top down in the convertible, of course) the whole way down, and the whole way back. GREAT start to our weekend!
2. On Saturday, I picked up Amy, and we headed over to Valdosta! We snatched up Courtney, Kaitlyn, and Claire for lunch at the Smok’n Pig! Left them, and Amy, Courtney and I were finally off to see LUKE BRYAN! It was a crazy atmosphere, but the music was awesome! Luke Bryan did in fact shake it for us, but we were
too far away to see any of that action not interested. Hehe! What a fun night with my two sweet friends!
3. On Monday night after work, I hit up the 50% off day at Goodwill. This has become my weekly routine, and this week I (of course) hit the jack pot! I found all the items in the first picture, plus the fleece I’m wearing in the second one, for $29! All BRAND new, and ALL from J.Crew, Target, Forever 21, Gap and a couple of random brands. How great? I mean, c’mon! Later that night, my man was gone to man night. I had a night to myself! My mama baked spaghetti, I bundled up for the
freezing 55 degree weather, and ran out to grab a salted caramel hot chocolate for dessert at Grassroots! I ended the night with Marley & Me, and a much needed early night in bed! 9:30! WOW.
4. Tuesday night was my very first time going to the derby at the fair here in Thomasville! I was in for a full treat! Mullets, cut off tanks, cowboy hats, camo, and much more! It was a night FULL of loud cars, mud, and “YEE” redneck calls. I loved EVERY minute of it. One word: ‘Merica.
5. I didn’t have a picture from Wednesday night, but Brian’s sweet sister and her family invited us over for desserts! We ended up watching old HILARIOUS Youtube videos on the big screen, and chowing down on these that she found on Lauren Conrad’s blog. Nifty night spent with our friends! And a nice last night to spend with Brian’s twin brother, Adam, before he went back to North Carolina for school.
6. Thursday night was the derby car finale! I was on the edge of my seat! One, because I had splinters ALL up in my jeans form the old, worn wooden bleachers, and two, because we were going to see who went out with a bang! (get it, because at a derby, they bang into each other until one is left standing? excuse the cheesyness.. yikes.) I can’t even remember who won, but it was an awesome night with these guys! All of our friends joined in (notice Reid’s new addition- his stick on ‘stache) for derby fun!
Every week, I am reminded of how blessed I really am to have such sweet, loving friends! I’m so thankful for each of them, and to be here in Thomasville. I’m also thankful for the joy that the Lord provides, and the joy that friends give me! Thank you, Lord!
Until next time,